Prom season is quickly approaching. Who
better to help you than Kym, our very own Accessories Expert. She will keep
you updating on new prom fashions and answer all your questions. You want an
important night like this to be perfect, so let Kym help!
Spotting a Higher Quality Dress
So now you've done some preliminary shopping, and you are ready to start
making decisions. Reminder -- don't buy anything yet!
You have a few dresses in mind, and you're trying to make a choice.
Here's one determining factor -- quality. Quality in a dress can make the
difference between looking like a halloween costume or a prom princess.
Here's some things to check for.
1. Look at the material. Does it look too shiny? Does it have pulls,
marks, or loose strands?
2. Look underneath the dress. If it is a "puffy dress," it should have at
least two layers of a slip -- at least one being a crinolin (a stiff netting
3. Is the dress lined? If it is, you've found a better quality dress that
will look great all night.
4. Check the seams of the dress. Are they finished nicely? Do they allow
enough material on either side of the seam?
5. Hold the dress up to the light. If you put your hand under one layer of
the dress, can you see it? If you can, don't buy this dress -- it's too thin
to lay flat.
With these few checkpoints, you can assure yourself that you are spending
you hard-earned cash on a dress that will withstand the test of time-- and
look great all night!
Next week we'll talk about purchasing your dress.
Your friend in fashion,
Questions? Email Kym at email@example.com