It's the little things that matter... like what shoes go with which purse! Our Accessories Expert Kym helps with the details that make the difference.
Want the tips of your fingers to scream fashion? Try some of these
1) Buy some cute nail tattoos. These are extremely cheap and look great for
a fancy night out. They can save a lot of manicure dough!
2) Paint your nails a favorite color. Let them dry well (perhaps
overnight). Cut masking tape into strips and stick it on your nails in funky
designs (stripes or zig zags). Then paint over the tape and the rest of your
nail with a coordinating color. Some ideas to try? How about red, white and
blue stripes, purple leopard like design, or blue pokadots.
3) Give yourself the basic french manicure. Use tip guides (available at
many drug stores). Buy a light pink nail polish and a white. Paint your
entire nail white. Then apply tip guides when nails are completely dry.
Paint tip of nail white, then finish with of top coat.
4) For a funky french manicure, repeat #3, only with a few unexpected twists
-- like pink and purple instead of pink and white. Or add sparkles on the
tip of nail.
5) Experiment! You can use many types of nail polish tips to creat pokadots
or very simple designs. But you will never know unless you try! Use your
toe nails as trials -- they leave room for more artistic intuition and are
Have fun and show off! Nails are meant to be expressions of you -- so
try your best to be creative and unique -- just like yourself!
Your friend in fashion,